I probably own roughly 77 lip glosses. It's honestly a bit sickening. That said, I consider myself to be quite the expert on all things lip-related.
My latest find is Maybelline's Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper. It is divine, to say the least. Finding a good lip plumper is tricky; most of 'em don't work or are pretty pricey. Even some of the ones that work are, quite frankly, physically painful! This is due to the fact that most lip plumpers contain ingredients like cinnamon or ginger that irritate the surface of the lip and cause temporary redness and swelling. I know that sometimes we have to suffer pain for beauty, but that is just ridiculous to me.
The Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper is different. Though it does tingle upon application, it is more numbing than anything else. I felt no irritation with the gloss and noticed a definite difference in the plumpness of my pucker.
The color selection is great; most of the them are sheer and natural shades, which is what you want in a plumper. Dark colors tend to make lips look thinner, as a general rule. I went with the "Born With It" shade--the lightest one, and found that it added shine and a little shimmer without weighing down my lips or looking unnatural.
The gloss is $7.09 on drugstore.com, and you can also find it in any local pharmacy.
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Designer Shades for $9!
- Matte About You
- Get Pink'd!
- #1 Fashion Faux Pas: The Man Purse
- Best Fix for Oily Hair Days!
- Fabbity Fabulous Makeup Bags!
- Seeing Green?
- Defrizz your hair for $4!
- Bag Boo-Boo: Vera Bradley Handbags
- Did You Know....
- SNEEK PEEK: MAC's Fall 2009 Dazzleglass Creams Col...
- Write with Lipstick!
- Orange You Glad You Tried Orange Nail Polish?
- A Little Black Dress with Some Flair
- Fashion Faux Pas: Men in Pink
- A Plumper For Your Seductive Pucker...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Harem Pants
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2008 (69)